Rules to LART by.
OK, real sound BOFHnet sites with News Admins from Hell don't need
these, but if you have a nearby site with a wimpy user-friendly news admin
you can LART them with these.
[The existence of these rules doesn't mean that everything not prohibited
is permitted. In particular, rules-lawyering these is a great way to get
yourself special treatment by the bot]
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (J. Porter Clark)
Subject: BOFHnet RulesFH
Date: 16 Aug 1997 14:16:35 -0500
Okay, here's version 1.1. I *think* I incorporated everybody's
comments. I took out the bit about bofh@site; at best it's a
suggestion and not a rule. Let me know what you think...
The Official BOFHnet RulesFH
- Propagate articles in bofh.* only to other BOFHnet sites.
- Accept articles posted to bofh.* only from other BOFHnet sites. If
this is impractical, at least do not propagate bofh.* articles received
from non-BOFHnet sources to BOFHnet.
- Do not propagate bofh.* articles that do not have Distribution: bofh
in the header.
- If a site that you feed refuses to obey the Official BOFHnet RulesFH,
it is automatically no longer part of BOFHnet, and it is your
responsibility to adjust propagation accordingly.
- Allow only BOFHs and suitably clued persons to read and post to
- Do not crosspost among more than three bofh.* newsgroups.
- Do not crosspost between bofh.* and non-bofh.* newsgroups.
- Do not post a message such that followups will be to more than three
- Do not multi-post messages at all.
- The correct dead chicken(s) must be employed on posts to bofh.*.
(Note: this requirement left intentionally vague.)
- Do not allow users to repost bofh.* news articles to non-bofh.*
- All BOFHnet sites must be registered by sending email to